Just a shy 232 days away, Del Mar Thoroughbred Club gets ready to host its first ever Breeders’ Cup. Held annually in November, The Breeders’ Cup® travels throughout different locations to truly bring a unique experience to horse racing. As a strongly scheduled two-day event, Del Mar, yet another iconic host for the Breeders’ Cup, provides the perfect backdrop for this classic event in Southern California.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Fast Facts
- Located in Del Mar, California (20 miles north of San Diego)
- First opened on July 3, 1937
- Course type is both turf and dirt depending on race
- Slogan: “Where The Turf Meets The Surf”
- Build by partners Bing Crosby, Pat O’Brien, Gary Cooper, Joe E. Brown, Charles S. Howard and Oliver Hardy
Breeders’ Cup Race Schedule
Friday, November 3, 2017
- Juvenile Turf I $1,000,000 I 1 Mile
- Las Vegas Dirt Mile I $1,000,000 I 1 Mile
- Juvenile Fillies Turf I $1,000,000 I 1 Mile
- Longines Distaff I $2,000,000 I 1 1/8 Miles
Saturday, November 4, 2017
- 14 Hands Winery Juvenile Fillies I $2,000,000 I 1 1/16 Miles
- Filly & Mare Turf I $2,000,000 I 1 3/8 Miles
- TwinSpires Sprint I $1,500,000 I 6 Furlongs
- Turf Sprint I $1,000,000 I 5 Furlongs
- Sentient Jet Juvenile I $2,000,000 I 1 1/16 Miles
- Longines Turf I $4,000,000 I 1 1/2 Miles
- Filly & Mare Sprint I $1,000,000 I 7 Furlongs
- Mile I $1,000,000 I 7 Furlongs
- Classic I $6,000,000 I 1 1/4 Miles
Breeders’ Cup Official Ticket Packages:
Trackside Chalet: Premium hospitality, gourmet food and soft drinks, situated on the turn from home for the perfect vantage point to watch the final stretch and historic finish of the 2017 Breeders’ Cup.
Stretch Run Box: Open-air, second-level, boxed seating with an elevated view of the final stretch.
The 2017 Breeders’ Cup is gearing up for another historic year. From the beautiful host Del Mar Thoroughbred Club to the jammed packed race weekend, you aren’t going to want to miss this. Breeders’ Cup Experiences provides the ultimate, premium official ticket packages to the November weekend. For more information click the button below or give us a call at 888.407.8164, to make going to the 2017 Breeders’ Cup a dream come true!